Monday, May 20, 2013

Tweet Tweet

Good day to all!

This long weekend I was up at my family cottage/trailer and decided to practice some watercolour work. I love the look of watercolours so this is something I've been really wanting to improve, and it was a lot of fun to do.

Because it's still really practice for me I didn't really take pictures of the process, but here is the original sketch I made, which I then transferred on to watercolour paper. These birds were not drawn after and specific type, they were just a doodle I came up with.

Birds-sketch

Here we have the finished product! Ta-da! I love to use a lot of colour in my paintings so yellow and blue was just a fun choice for me, and green was a no-brainer for the leaves in the background. I started by painting the background completely first, then the birds.

Birds-colour

Well that's all for now! Be back soon with more stuff going on in the world of Melissa!

"Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?"
Rose Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment